The options available to you will display once you have entered the delivery address on your order.
Not all of these options are available to every "Ship-To" address due to heat or availability.
Parcel 3 Day
Parcel 2nd Day Air
Parcel Next Day Air Saver
Note: Prices quoted via our website are generated from a tool offered by our e-commerce provider using the quoted prices from United Parcel Service. Actual carrier of goods may be subject to change without notice at the discretion of My Chocolate Affair. Service level, days in transit, and pricing will remain the same as quoted at the time of checkout.
A "Business Day" is considered Monday-Friday excluding holidays. Saturday and Sunday are not considered "Business Days."
Days in Transit
"Days in Transit" does not include the day your order is placed. To calculate "Days in Transit" count starting from the day after your order is placed.
Example: If you place your order before Noon (12:00pm CST) on Monday, and the shipping option you choose is "2nd Day Air," you can expect your order to arrive on Wednesday.
Shipping and handling charges are calculated per ship-to-address. In some cases, items ordered together are not necessarily shipped in the same box. We do not determine what time a parcel carrier will make your delivery. Scheduled delivery can be arranged on a case by case basis. Please call (916) 225-3773 to arrange delivery. There is a fee for this service.
Your order may be delayed for the following reasons, to which you will be notified via email:
- Your order is due to ship ground to a destination that is too hot to be in transit based on temperature. (You will be offered alternative shipping methods, or you may choose your order to be held until temperatures drop.)
- The temperature to your "Ship To" address is 90 degrees or warmer and My Chocolate Affair needs to delay shipment until the temperature drops.
- The temperature at the My Chocolate Affair factory is 90 degrees or warmer, to which My Chocolate Affair needs to delay shipment until the temperature drops.
- We are unable to reach you via the email address you provide, or we do not get a response from emails sent to communicate weather delays.
We make every effort to ship your order within 24-48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) when warm weather shipping policies are not in effect. Under normal conditions:
- Orders placed before 12:00 pm (noon) CST Monday through Thursday will typically ship the same day.
- Orders placed after 12:00 pm (noon) CST Monday through Thursday will typically ship the following day.
- Orders placed Friday after 12:00 pm (noon) CST through Monday at 12:00 pm CST will typically ship on Monday.
- Next Day Air orders placed after 12:00pm (noon) CST on Friday will ship on Monday (or the next following business day).
This service is available in limited areas for an additional fee. To see if your delivery area qualifies, call us toll-free at (916) 225-3773.
Due to our strict quality standards, we are not able to ship outside the United States, to P.O. boxes, or to APO/FPO addresses at this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we are unable to guarantee that our products will arrive in a timely fashion or in excellent condition when shipped to P.O. boxes or internationally. Please call (916) 225-3773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on shipments to Alaska or Hawaii.
Warm Weather Shipping
Due to the perishable nature of our products, the following warm weather shipping policies are applicable during spring and summer and/or to warm weather destinations as applicable throughout the year (temperatures greater than 72 degrees).
- Due to heat, we do not have packages in transit over the weekend. Refer to the above table for days on which orders are released to be shipped - this applies to Next Day Air Saver, 2nd Day Air, 3 Day and Ground shipping.
- We are able to ship chocolate products to warm weather areas (or during periods of warm weather) if the product is in transit for two days or less and is in special packaging with ice packs. This requires certain destinations to be shipped either Next Day Air Saver or 2nd Day Air. Shipping options for your destination are available to you at check out based on current upcoming weather forecasts.
- We are not able to ship when temperatures reach 90 degrees and above - Your order will be held and you will be contacted with a ship date. This applies both to the destination of your package, or the temperature at our factory.
- We recommend shipping your order to an office where someone can receive the delivery directly. If your order is a gift, it is your responsibility to alert the recipient to expect a perishable (and delicious!) delivery.
We are not responsible for packages left unattended outdoors upon delivery.